Call for papers to the SIG 12 Standing Track on Management and Organization Theory at the EURAM conference 2020 in Dublin
Venue: Trinity Business School, Dublin, Ireland.
Date: 10-12 June 2020
Track description: As researchers in management and organization, we want to develop or apply adequate, impactful, and future proof theories. Yet, there is more concern than ever that “management theory is a becoming a compendium of dead ideas” (The Economist, 17.12.2016) and that there is a lack of up- to-date management and organization theories (Panel I “Research in Action” at the EURAM 2018, 20.06.2018). The “Management and Organization Theory” track is a response to or preventive measure against this theoretical vacuum. Open to all paradigms, it invites decidedly theoretical and conceptual contributions from scholars with backgrounds in management and organization studies, sociology, economics, anthropology, history, information science, communication studies, and further appropriate fields sciences.
Topics of interest include, amongst others:
- Recent advancements in other disciplines that provide “critical updates” to traditional management and organization theories
- Digital transformations of management and organisation theory
- Theory-driven re-/designs of management and organisation
- The problematisation, systematisation, or enhancement of traditional key concepts
of management and organisation theory
- Translations of and between management and organisation theories.
- Recent developments of management and organisational research methods and their influence on management and organisation theory
Selected papers will be invited for submission to partnering journals. Earlier publication activities include a forthcoming virtual special issue of Technological Forecasting and Social Change on the Digital transformation of social theory and a work-in-progress special issue of the Journal of Organizational Change Management on Theory as method.
- Steffen Roth, La Rochelle Business School, France, and Kazimieras Simonavicius University, Lithuania (send an email)
- Miguel Pérez-Valls, University of Alméria, Spain
- Deadline for Paper Submission: 14 January 2020 (2pm Belgium time)
- Notification of Acceptance: 19 March 2020
- Early Bird Registration Deadline: 10 April 2020
- Authors and Symposia Panellists Registration Deadline: 17 April 2020
Full paper submissions are invited via the official EURAM 2020 conference website (please see the menu Submission & Guidelines).
This CFP is also available for download here.