Univ.-Prof. Dr. Dr. Steffen Roth
- Full Professor of Management, La Rochelle Business School, France, as of fall 2018
- Visiting Professor of Management and Organization, University of Witten-Herdecke, Germany, as of spring 2021
- Professor and Founding Director of the Next Society Institute, Kazimieras Simonavičius University in Vilnius, Lithuania, as of fall 2018
- Founder and Director of the Teeoree OÜ (Private Limited Company)
- Associate Professor of Management, La Rochelle Business School, France, 2016-2018
- Assistant Professor of Management and Organization, ESC Rennes School of Business, France, 2012-2016
- Adjunct Associate Professor of Sociology, Faculty of Sociology, Yerevan State University, Armenia, 2011-2016
- Senior Researcher, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland, Switzerland, 2011-2012
- Research Assistant, Department of Business Administration Studies, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland, 2007-2010
- Research Assistant, Faculty of Economics, Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany, 2004-2007.
- Visiting Erasmus Professor, ISCTE Business School, University Institute of Lisbon, 2019
- Visiting Professor, School of Economics and Management, Beihang University, as of 2018
- Visiting Erasmus Professor, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zaragoza, 2018
- Visiting Professor, Rabat Business School, International University of Rabat, Morocco, 2012-2017
- Academic Fellow, Open Society Institute and Soros Foundations Network AFP International Scholar, Armenia, 2010-2011
- Visiting Associate Professor, Yerevan State University, Department of Sociology, Armenia, 2010-2011
Degrees and Titles
- Title of Professor in the field of Social Sciences, awarded by the Kazimieras Simonavičius University in Vilnius, Lithuania, on 01 May 2021.
- Title of Adjunct Professor of Economic Sociology, awarded by the University of Turku, Finland, on 16 January 2020.
- Habilitation in Economic and Environmental Sociology (Abilitazione scientifica nazionale, 14/D1 Sociologia dei processi economici, del lavoro, dell’ambiente e del territorio), awarded by the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities, and Research on 29 March 2018.
- Adjunct Professor of Sociology, Faculty of Sociology, Yerevan State University. Title awarded on 14 December 2017.
- PhD in Sociology (Docteur ès sciences économiques et sociales mention sociologie), Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Geneva. Defended on 28 September 2013.
- PhD in Economics and Management (Doctor rerum politicarum), Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Chemnitz University of Technology. Defended on 27 April 2010.
- MA in Sociology (Diplom in Soziologie), Faculty of Humanities, Chemnitz University of Technology. Awarded on 30 September 2002.
- Field Editor for Social Systems Theory, Systems Research and Behavioral Science [SSCI 1.034, Scopus, ABS**] (2017-)
- Member of the Editorial Board, SAGE Studies in International Sociology (2019-)
- Member of the Editorial Council, Южно-Российский Журнал Социальных Наук [Russian Science Citation Index] (2018-)
- Associate Editor, Kybernetes [SCI 1.381, Scopus, ABS*] (2016-2019)
- Consulting Editor, Cybernetics and Human Knowing [ERA] (2015-2019)
- Member of the Editorial Board, European Journal of International Management [SSCI 1.349, ABS*, CNRS*, VHB***] (2016-2019)
- Member of the Editorial Board, International Journal of Innovation and Sustainable Development [VHB] (2010-2017)
- Member of the Editorial Board, International Journal of Technology and Human Interaction [FNEGE] (2014-2016)
- Reviewer profile available at publons.com.
- Member of the Deutscher Hochschulverband (German Association of University Professors and Lecturers), Germany.
- Mentor of the EURAM Early Career Network and Member of the European Academy of Management (EURAM), Belgium.
- Member of the European Sociological Association, France.
- Member of the International Sociological Association, Spain.
- Member of the International Academic Advisory Board of the New Research on Digital Societies (NERDS) research center at Kozminski Univeristy in Warsaw, Poland.
- Member of the Gesellschaft der Freunde der Technischen Universität Chemnitz, Germany.
Awards and prizes
- Winner of an Emerald Literati Award 2020 for the Highly Commended article Government.com? Multifunctional cabinet portfolio analysis of 201 national governments.
- Winner of the Publons 2019 Peer Review Award for top 1% reviewers in the Business and Economics field.
- Winner of an Emerald Literati Award 2019 for the Highly Commended article Multifunctional organisation models: A systems-theoretical framework for new venture discovery and creation.
- Winner of the Publons 2018 Peer Review Award for top 1% reviewers in the Business and Economics field.
- Swiss Open Innovation Award 2015 for 161 rewarded product and business model innovation ideas.
- 1st prize (EUR 1000), N-Kompass iChallenge, German business magazine Querdenker Magazin, 2015.
- Remote, CR, Central, European Commission (H2020), Belgium, 2016, 2018, 2019
- Remote, National Centre of Science and Technology Evualuation (NCSTE), Kazakhstan, 2017
- Remote, Cyprus Research Promotion Foundation (RPF), Cyprus, 2017
- International co-applicant for the project The consequences of “Covid-19”: Social poverty and structural transformation of society in post-pandemic Armenia (Grant number: 20TTSH-056) at the Yerevan State University, funded by the Science Committee of the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of the Republic of Armenia with a budget of 18’400’000 AMD (2020-2022).
- Co-applicant and principal investigator for the project Platforms of Big Data Foresight (Grant number: 01.2.2-LMT- K-718-02- 0019, research lead: Jari Kaivo-oja) at the Kazimieras Simonavičius University, funded by the European Regional Development Fund and the Research Council of Lithuania with a budget of 610’000 EUR (2018-2020).
- Please see ‘Teaching‘
- German | mother tongue
- English | Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
- French | Attestation CEF B2
- Armenian | basic knowledge