Prof. Dr. Dr. habil. Steffen Roth
- Associate Research Professor of Strategic Management, La Rochelle Business School, France
- Honorary Full Professor of Sociology, Faculty of Sociology, Yerevan State University, Armenia
- Email: Click
Further Affiliations and Missions
- Remote, CR, Panel, European Commission (H2020), Belgium, as of 2016
- Remote, National Centre of Science and Technology Evualuation (NCSTE), Kazakhstan, as of 2017
- Remote, Cyprus Research Promotion Foundation (RPF), Cyprus, as of 2017
- Assistant Professor of Management and Organization, ESC Rennes School of Business, France, 2012-2016
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Faculty of Sociology, Yerevan State University, Armenia, 2011-2016
- Senior Researcher, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland, Switzerland, 2011-2012
- Research Assistant, Department of Business Administration Studies, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland, 2007-2010
- Research Assistant, Faculty of Economics, Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany, 2004-2007.
- Visiting Professor, School of Economics and Management, Beihang University, 2018
- Visiting Erasmus Professor, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zaragoza, 2018
- Visiting Professor, Rabat Business School, International University of Rabat, Morocco, 2012-2017
- Visiting Professor, University of Cagliari, Faculty of Economics, Italy, 2012
- Visiting Professor, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy, Denmark, 2012
- Academic Fellow, Open Society Institute and Soros Foundations Network AFP International Scholar, Armenia, 2010-2011
- Visiting Professor, Yerevan State University, Department of Sociology, Armenia, 2010-2011
Degrees and Titles
- Habilitation in Economic and Environmental Sociology (Abilitazione scientifica nazionale, 14/D1 Sociologia dei processi economici, del lavoro, dell’ambiente e del territorio) awarded by the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities, and Research on March 29, 2018.
- Honorary Full Professor of Sociology, Faculty of Sociology, Yerevan State University. Title awarded by the YSU Faculty of Sociology in September 2016 and officialised by the YSU Rectorate on December 14, 2017.
- PhD in Sociology (Docteur ès sciences économiques et sociales mention sociologie), Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Geneva. Defended on September 28, 2013.
- PhD in Economics and Management (Doctor rerum politicarum), Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Chemnitz University of Technology. Defended on April 27, 2010
- MA in Sociology (Diplom in Soziologie), Faculty of Humanities, Chemnitz University of Technology. Awarded on September 30, 2002
- Associate Editor, Kybernetes [SCI .811, Scopus, ABS*]
- Field Editor for Social Systems Theory, Systems Research and Behavioral Science [SSCI 1.034, Scopus, ABS**]
- Member of the Editorial Council, Человек. Сообщество. Управление [Russian Science Citation Index]
- Member of the Editorial Board, European Journal of International Management [SSCI .575, ABS*, CNRS*, FNEGE*, VHB***]
- Member of the Editorial Board, Cybernetics and Human Knowing [ERA]
- Member of the Editorial Advisory Board, Journal of Enterprising Communities [SSCI-ESCI, Scopus]
- Member of the Editorial Board, International Journal of Innovation and Sustainable Development [VHB] (2010-2017)
- Member of the Editorial Board, International Journal of Technology and Human Interaction [FNEGE] (2014-2016)
- Reviewer for Organization, Culture and Organization, Popular Communication, Journal of Sociocybernetics, M@n@gement, Foundations of Science, International Review of Administrative Sciences, Systemic Practice and Action Research, and Innovation: The European Journal of Social Science Research.
- Founding member of the Big Data Excellence Centre at Kazimiero Simonavičiaus University in Vilnius, Lithuania.
- Member of the International Academic Advisory Board of the New Research on Digital Societies (NERDS) research center at Kozminski Univeristy in Warsaw, Poland.
- Member of the European Sociological Association (RN29 Social Theory and RN36 Sociology of Transformations: East and West), France.
- Mentor of the EURAM Early Career Network and Member of the European Academy of Management (EURAM), Belgium.
- Member of the Gesellschaft der Freunde der Technischen Universität Chemnitz, Germany.
- Member of the Forschungskolleg Gesellschaft und Kontingenz, Berlin, Germany.
Awards and prizes
- Swiss Open Innovation Award 2015, sponsored by Atizo360°, for 161 rewarded product and business model innovation ideas.
- 1st prize (EUR 1000), N-Kompass iChallenge, German business magazine Querdenker Magazin, 2015.
- 2nd & 3rd prize (EUR 400 plus consulting budget), business-plan competition of the Saxonian entrepreneurship network SAXEED, 2005.
- 2nd & 5th prize (DM 1000), marketing competition of the Chemnitz City Marketing, 2001.
- Literary award of the Literaturforum im Brecht-Haus Berlin, 2001.
- Please see ‘Teaching‘
- German | mother tongue
- English | Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
- French | Attestation CEF B2
- Armenian | basic knowledge