Univ.-Prof. Dr. Dr. Steffen Roth
- Full Professor of Management at Excelia Business School La Rochelle, France
- President of the Senate at Kazimieras Simonavicius University in Vilnius, Lithuania
- Visiting Professor of Management and Organization at the University of Witten-Herdecke, Germany
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Inter-University Center Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Founder and Director of Teeoree OÜ, Tallinn, Estonia
- Full Research Professor of Digital Sociology at the Kazimieras Simonavicius University in Vilnius, Lithuania (2018-2022)
- Associate Professor of Management, Excelia Business School La Rochelle, France (2016-2018)
- Assistant Professor of Management and Organization, Rennes School of Business, France (2012-2016)
- Senior Researcher, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland, Switzerland (2011-2012)
- Adjunct Associate Professor of Sociology, Faculty of Sociology, Yerevan State University, Armenia, (2011-2016)
- Associate Professor, Yerevan State University, Department of Sociology, Armenia (2010-2011)
- Research Assistant, Department of Business Administration Studies, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland (2007-2010)
- Research Assistant, Faculty of Economics, Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany (2004-2007)
Degrees and Titles
- Title of Professor in the field of Social Sciences, awarded by the Kazimieras Simonavicius University in Vilnius, Lithuania, on 01 May 2021.
- Title of Adjunct Professor (venia legendi) of Economic Sociology, awarded by the University of Turku, Finland, on 16 January 2020.
- Habilitation (facultas docendi) in Economic and Environmental Sociology (Abilitazione scientifica nazionale, 14/D1 Sociologia dei processi economici, del lavoro, dell’ambiente e del territorio), awarded by the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities, and Research on 29 March 2018.
- Adjunct Professor of Sociology, Faculty of Sociology, Yerevan State University. Title awarded on 14 December 2017.
- PhD in Sociology (Docteur ès sciences économiques et sociales mention sociologie), Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Geneva. Defended on 28 September 2013.
- PhD in Economics and Management (Doctor rerum politicarum), Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Chemnitz University of Technology. Defended on 27 April 2010.
- MA in Sociology (Diplom in Soziologie), Faculty of Humanities, Chemnitz University of Technology. Awarded on 30 September 2002.
- Visiting Erasmus Professor, ISCTE Business School, University Institute of Lisbon (2019)
- Visiting Professor, School of Economics and Management, Beihang University (2018, 2019)
- Visiting Erasmus Professor, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zaragoza (2018)
- Visiting Professor, Rabat Business School, International University of Rabat, Morocco (2012-2017)
- Academic Fellow, Open Society Institute and Soros Foundations Network AFP International Scholar, Armenia (2010-2011)
- Member of the Editorial Board, Sociology [SSCI 3.371, Scopus, CABS****] (2023-)
- Member of the Editorial Council, Южно-Российский Журнал Социальных Наук [Russian Science Citation Index] (2018-)
- Field Editor for Social Systems Theory, Systems Research and Behavioral Science [SSCI 1.966, Scopus, CABS**] (2017-)
- Member of the Editorial Board, Cybernetics and Human Knowing [ERA] (2015-)
- Associate Editor, Kybernetes [SCI 1.381, Scopus, ABS*] (2016-2019)
- Member of the Editorial Board, European Journal of International Management [SSCI 1.349, ABS*, CNRS*, VHB***] (2016-2019)
- Member of the Editorial Board, International Journal of Innovation and Sustainable Development [VHB] (2010-2017)
- Member of the Editorial Board, International Journal of Technology and Human Interaction [FNEGE] (2014-2016)
- Reviewer profile available at publons.com.
- Member of the Deutscher Hochschulverband (German Association of University Professors), Germany.
- Member of the European Group of Organization Studies, Belgium.
- Mentor of the EURAM Early Career Network and Member of the European Academy of Management (EURAM), Belgium.
- Member of the British Sociological Association, United Kingdom.
- Member of the European Sociological Association, France.
- Member of the International Sociological Association, Spain.
- Member of the Gesellschaft der Freunde der Technischen Universität Chemnitz (Alumni Organization of Chemnitz University of Technology), Germany.
- Member of Alumni UNIGE, the alumni organization of the University of Geneva, Switzerland.
Awards and prizes
- Winner of an Emerald Literati Award 2020 for the Highly Commended article Government.com? Multifunctional cabinet portfolio analysis of 201 national governments.
- Winner of the Publons 2019 Peer Review Award for top 1% reviewers in the Business and Economics field.
- Winner of an Emerald Literati Award 2019 for the Highly Commended article Multifunctional organisation models: A systems-theoretical framework for new venture discovery and creation.
- Winner of the Publons 2018 Peer Review Award for top 1% reviewers in the Business and Economics field.
- Swiss Open Innovation Award 2015 for 161 rewarded product and business model innovation ideas.
- 1st prize (EUR 1000), N-Kompass iChallenge, German business magazine Querdenker Magazin, (2015)
- Remote, National Science Centre, Poland (2020)
- Remote, National Centre of Science and Technology Evualuation (NCSTE), Kazakhstan (2017, 2022)
- Remote, Cyprus Research Promotion Foundation (RPF), Cyprus (2017)
- Remote, CR, Central, European Commission (H2020), Belgium (2016, 2018, 2019)
- International co-applicant and advisor for the project Fake News: Mechanisms of Circulation and Consumption on Social Network Sites at the Yerevan State University (2022-2025).
- International co-applicant for the project The consequences of Covid-19: Social poverty and structural transformation of society in post-pandemic Armenia (Grant number: 20TTSH-056) at the Yerevan State University, funded by the Science Committee of the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of the Republic of Armenia with a budget of 18’400’000 AMD (2020-2022).
- Co-applicant and principal investigator for the project Platforms of Big Data Foresight (Grant number: 01.2.2-LMT- K-718-02- 0019, research lead: Jari Kaivo-oja) at the Kazimieras Simonavičius University, funded by the European Regional Development Fund and the Research Council of Lithuania with a budget of 610’000 EUR (2018-2020).
- Please see ‘Teaching‘
- German | mother tongue
- English | Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CEF C1)
- French | Attestation DELF B2 (CEF B2)
- Armenian | basic knowledge